New Mexico-Food Protection Manager(CFPM) & Handler Courses – My Food Service License

New Mexico

Food Protection Manager 

New Mexico 

The My Food Service License Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) Certification Program has been accredited by the ANSI National Accreditation Board in accordance with the Standard for Accreditation of Food Protection Manager Certification Programs (2021).

My Food Service License provides food safety training, exams, and educational materials to foodservice managers. 
Commonly known as the Food Safety Manager, CFPM, Food Sanitation Manager, PIC Manager, FSSMC, Food Safety Manager and more, the official certification is called the Certified Food Protection Manager.                                                                                                              
A Certified Food Protection Manager plays a significant role in keeping food safe and the ability to serve safe food. He/she has to protect the public from foodborne illness.

Anytime food is produced or served, it is recommended that at least one person should be working with a Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) license . 

The My Food Service License Certified Food Protection Manager course teaches students how to  implement essential food safety practices to create a food safety culture. All content and materials are based on actual job tasks identified by food service subject matter experts. 

Our self-paced course gives students 24/7 access using a computer, smartphone, or tablet.  Students can also review any section that they choose to reinforce the training.  Our certification program is 100% online and self-paced.  Examinees can also take their ANAB-CFP Certification Exam on demand without the need to schedule a date and time.  

We aim to make the process as convenient as possible for all interested in achieving their certification. 


Food Handler Training 

UPDATE:  Employees are to have their handler card within 30 days of being hired

My Food Service License provides online food handler training. Food handler training is required in most areas of New Mexico and this course provides excellent food worker training to teach the important principles of food safety to food handlers. 

A food handler is defined by law as a person who works in a food facility and performs any duties that involve the preparation, storage, or service of food in a food facility. 

This course takes approximately one hour to complete and, upon successful completion, provides a printable food handler certificate. This certificate is good for up to five years. 

This course is not to prepare workers to take the Food Protection Manager certification exam. The course to study for the certification exam is the Food Protection Manager Certification Course.

This training is an approved food handler course. 

The exam is given at the end of the course and a proctor is not required.

The course is available in English and Spanish, 

Please contact your local regulatory agency for more information. 


New Mexico Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  What is a food handler card

A:  It is a card issued to an individual after completing a food handler training program 

Q: Who needs to get a food handler card?

A: All employees, meaning any individual working with unpackaged food, food equipment, or utensils or food contact services.

Q: How long is the card valid

A: 3 years

Q: How long do I have to obtain the card

A:  Within 30 days of employment

Q: Who does not need a food handler card

A: Certified Food Protection Managers, Employees who do not function as food employees (host or cashier). Food employees or volunteers working as food employees for charitable organizations serving the needy as long as there is a person in charge at all times.  Food Handlers of temporary establishments as long as there is a person in charge in the booth during all hours of operation that carriers a Certified Food Protection Manager or has a valid Food handler Card. 

Enroll Now - Food Handlers  


State Requirements:  Certification is recommended but not required.

Food Protection Manager: Recommended but not required.

Food HandlersRequired - must take an approved course.

Exceptions: None.

Manager Training Hours: Recommended but not required.

Food Handler Course: Required to take an approved course.

Food Manager Certification and Food Handler Certificate Renewal: Food Manager every 5 years; Food Handler every 5 years.

Please check with your local jurisdiction or regulatory body for the most current information.